Friday, May 4, 2012

Kitchen






I've been really busy this last month- that's the reason I haven't been posting lately. We (my wife and I) have been remodeling our kitchen along with trying to keep up with work and the horses.

I did a lot of the work myself and think it has turned out pretty well. We bought new cabinets and I put in the new floor, poured a concrete countertop and set the travertine and slate backsplash. This was my first attempt at setting natural stone tile. I really like the concrete countertop. I poured it in place and embedded crushed black glass and pieces of abalone shell in the top layer. After it cured for a week or so I ground and polished the surface with diamond grinding pads.

What do you think? I like it but what really counts is that my wife loves it.



No comments:

Post a Comment